Artbeat Studio Inc. is seeking a passionate and talented team member for the position of “Administrative Assistant”. This is part-time (32hrs/wk.) permanent position. Artbeat Studio Inc. is a unique community based, peer directed program that provides social supports, free working art studio/gallery space and mentorship for individuals living with mental illness for the purpose of recovery and empowerment. Artbeat Studio is committed to decreasing stigma and discrimination that coincides with mental illness and poverty through positive action, mental health education and advocacy.
Reporting to the Executive director, the Admin Assistant provides integral support and assistance in a confidential manner related to financial reporting, client, donor and community relationship management, correspondence and report writing, supplies ordering, events coordination and other support areas as needed.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by Thursday, January 31, 2013 to:
Lucille Bart, Executive Director
Artbeat Studio, 62 Albert St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
Fax: (204) 943-9973
Key Qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum of 3 years’ prior experience in administrative or similar support
- ICT skills and proficiency in a PC environment including Quickbooks, Word, Excel and specialized database applications.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability in bookkeeping event management, and communications
- Interpersonal skills that enable interaction with all levels of staff, patrons, volunteers, clients and families in an effective and diplomatic manner.
- Empathic, caring and compassionate
- Hospitable, welcoming and invitational
- Contagiously energetic & inspiring
- Creative, resourceful and task/project oriented
- Highly organized with the ability to organize others
- Confident and comfortable working with diverse and vulnerable populations.
- Appreciation of the arts and awareness of mental health issues