Full-time permanent position: Starting salary of $33,000 with benefits package.
Artbeat Studio Inc. is seeking a passionate and energetic team member for the position of Community Projects Coordinator to oversee the “Central Park; Ignite Your Creative Spirit” project. This project enhances and extends Studio Central programming.
Studio Central is a project of Artbeat Studio, 444 Kennedy Street, providing art programming for residents of Central Park, north Portage neighbourhood. Programming provides an opportunity for engagement with both visual and performing arts as a means of inspiring personal passion, building relationships, and bridging diverse groups.
The Coordinator will oversee the inclusion of art (performance and visual) at public spaces and events as a means of drawing positive attention to Central Park. The coordinator’s role includes working with local artists, organizations, businesses and levels of government in identifying and creating opportunities to showcase and promote the cultural diversity of Central Park.
The Community Projects Coordinator participates in community program development and implementation in accordance with the Mission, Vision, Values and Budget determined by the Artbeat Studio Board and reports to the Executive Director.
The Coordinator’s role involves expanding existing local programs and partnerships as well as creating new projects and strategic partnerships that benefit both organizations and the individuals served for the purpose of engaging local residents in community development activity through the arts. A broad range of art forms is used to engage different community groups, including visual arts, performing arts and nutrition.
Education & Experience:
- University Degree in Community Development, Social Work, City Planning, Architecture, Music, Fine Art, or related
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a recreational/social setting with diverse and disadvantaged inner city populations including ethno-cultural, visible minority, immigrant and aboriginal communities, homeless, youth at risk, LGBTIQ, and women.
- Evidence of a commitment to ‘volunteerism’
- Knowledge of trends in local, municipal, provincial and national trends in engaging community through art initiatives.
- Project and budget management
- Career Path Development (promoting persons from volunteer roles to paid employment)
Competencies & Skills:
- Leadership that inspires self-confidence and encourages a creative and imaginative response.
- Inspires trust among inner-city population whose characteristics may include language barriers, mental illness, addictions, poverty, cognitive and developmental challenges.
- Self-starter and critical thinker.
- Ability to coach, train, recruit, evaluate, supervise and inspire staff, volunteers and interns in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; comfortable making verbal presentations and writing reports and proposals in a concise and logical manner
- Ability to develop and implement project plans.
- Computer competence; MS Office, data base management and social media.
- Works effectively in multi-disciplinary teams that include members with highly divergent backgrounds.
- Ability to gather data and contribute observations to ongoing research and analysis.
- Manage, lead, set priorities and motivate project teams and deliver outcomes.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Facilitates participation of Artbeat Studio core program alumni for Upbeat Artworks Gallery Boutique
- Engages Central Park community residents for events
- Promotes programs (in-person, bulletins, social media)
- Community Projects: events, art walls, murals, Artbeat Annual distribution
- Recruits alumni volunteers for specific projects
- Screens and mentors volunteers for appropriate role
- Provides timely schedules for Upbeat Artworks volunteers
- Monitors, and evaluates performance
- Recognizes, encourages, and appreciates unique contributions
- Promotes volunteers along their career path
- Oversees ‘community development’ projects & partnerships
- Oversees “Artwork Management Process”
- Inspires and animates ‘creative response’ from project volunteers and participants
- Oversees and promotes connection with Artbeat Studio/Studio Central/Upbeat Artworks at offsite events
- Promotes, facilitates, and tracks ‘community-based’ projects/ performances
- Manages sales and updates to www.upbeatartworks.com
- Maintains daily dialogue with Artbeat Studio Executive Director
- Tracks ‘volunteer’ involvement with projects.
- Tracks ongoing and emerging project progress
- Collaborates with staff to develop/assemble monthly Studio Central activity report with a focus on Community Projects.
- Contributes to funding applications and reports as requested
- Monthly updates to the Community Enterprise Report
Please submit your resume along with a covering letter and 3 references by email to:
Uyen Pham, Executive Director
Artbeat Studio, 62 Albert St. Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
Applications will be received (by email only) until Wednesday, October 16, 2019
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.