Artbeat Studio Inc. is seeking a passionate and talented team member for the position of “Community Art Program Coordinator” at Studio Central; urban art centre, 444 Kennedy Street, Winnipeg.
Studio Central is a project of Artbeat Studio providing programming for residents of the Central Park, north Portage neighbourhood. Programming at Studio Central provides opportunity for engagement with both visual and performing arts as a means of inspiring personal passion, building relationships, bridging diverse groups.
Please send your resume, with covering letter to:
Lucille Bart, Executive Director
Artbeat Studio, 62 Albert St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
Fax: (204) 943-9973
Please submit your resume and a cover letter by Friday, January 18th, 2013
The Community Art Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director of Artbeat Studio Inc. The Community Program Coordinator participates in community program development and implementation in accordance with the Mission, Vision, Values and Budget determined by the Artbeat Studio Board.
This is a full time position commencing in March, 2013. Employment occurs Tuesday through Saturday with the possibility of additional hours required for oversight of special events. Reporting directly to Executive Director, this is a permanent position with a starting Salary is $33,000/year plus benefits.
Qualification and Experience:
- Formal studies in Fine Arts preferred with a range of technical skills and experience in visual, performance & recording arts.
- Administration and program management including volunteer coordination and procurement of program materials and budgeting,
- Community Development within highly diverse cultures with characteristics including mental illness, addictions and poverty.
- Career Path mentoring particularly within the Arts and Culture field.
- Communication; interpersonal and social media savvy
- Empathic, caring and compassionate
- Hospitable, welcoming and invitational
- Contagiously energetic & inspiring
- Creative, resourceful and task/project oriented
- Highly organized with the ability to organize others
- Confident and comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Connected with local artists and the Winnipeg cultural scene
Download Full Details of Employment Opportunuty (PDF)