HOURS: 40 per week
SALARY: $40,000-$45,000 depending on level of experience / per annum with benefits
Deadline for Application: June 14, 2019
ACCOUNTABILITY AND AUTHORITY:
The Executive Assistant shall play a key-supporting role in ensuring organizational policy compliance including programming support, project management and financial accountability.
Key relationships of the Executive Assistant include: Executive Director; Bookkeeper; Treasurer/Auditors; Studio Facilitator; Community Projects Coordinator; Art Program Director; Volunteers; Board members; Funders, and the General Public.
The Executive Assistant is responsible to the Executive Director of Artbeat Studio Inc.
- Suitable experience, interest and capacity to represent the Executive Director when needed.
- Post-secondary education and at least three years of experience in administration and organizational management in arts, mental health service and/or business.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Self-starter and critical thinker.
- Ability to work autonomously including decision making and delegation.
- Highly personable, self-motivated and self-directed with responsibilities.
- Systematic thinker: ability to develop and implement project plans.
- Computer competence in: Adobe Creative Suite, Website Management, MSOffice, Quickbooks, database software.
- Budgeting and fundraising experience.
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Registry clearance.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain master calendar for all of Artbeat Studio Inc. operations, which will include: funding schedule, programming calendar, event promotion, arts-related space bookings.
- Agenda preparation and minutes for Board meetings and meetings with staff, funders and partners.
- Act as the Administrative point of contact.
- Assist with Artbeat Studio communications: telephone calls, emails, donor management, and correspondence.
- Produce reports, presentations and communication briefs.
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system.
- Assist with oversight of all projects which will include activities related to the Artists-in Residency, Studio Central and Upbeat Artworks (on-site and online), special projects.
- Assist with financial reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Assist the Executive Director with responsibilities on all events including logistics, health/safety, audience development and public relations.
- Attend Board of Director meetings.
- Assist with delegation of volunteers, students and interns.
- Assist in coordinating intake process of new artists into the Artists-in-residency Program
- Other related duties of position as required and defined by the ED.
PARTICULAR AREAS OF ATTENTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Grant Writing
Assist with the enactment of Artbeat Studio’s Financial Management Strategy including management of; financial aspects of grant applications, donor engagement, manage the annual grants, fund raising events and programming calendar, and special project funding. Ensure timely reporting related to the application process, financial cash flow and expense management related to grant revenues.
- Finance and Legal Management
Ensure the maintenance of accurate financial records and prepare monthly budgetary reports in co-operation with the Executive Director and bookkeeper. Liaise with Board Treasurer and auditor.
Ensure that legal, contractual, policy and other obligations of Artbeat Studio are met. Attend board meetings in an advisory capacity and ensure that decisions of the Board are carried out and communicated as requested.
- Outreach and Public Relations
With the Executive Director, maintain currently planned community outreach strategies. Maintain relationships with the mental health community, general community, funders, members and other arts organizations.
For full details on this position and Artbeat Studio please visit www.artbeatstudio.ca
Deadline for Application: June 14, 2019
Please submit your resume along with a covering letter and three references by email to:
Artbeat Studio Inc.
Uyen Pham, Executive Director
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.