1 Full-time permanent position
Salary: $33,000 with Benefits package
Location: Studio Central (project of Artbeat Studio), 444 Kennedy Street, Winnipeg
Artbeat Studio Inc. is seeking a passionate and committed team member for the position of Art Program Director at Studio Central, 444 Kennedy Street, Winnipeg.
Studio Central Urban Arts Centre is a project of Artbeat Studio providing programming for residents of the Central Park inner city neighbourhood. Programming provides opportunity for engagement with both visual and performing arts as a means of inspiring personal passion, building relationships, and bridging diverse groups. It aims to make art accessible to everyone, regardless of economic means, background, or artistic experience. The Art Program Director reports to Artbeat Studio’s Executive Director.
Education & Experience:
This position is for someone with strong administrative and leadership skills who has a passion for the arts and the role participatory arts plays in community building and social inclusion.
- Degree in Arts Administration, Fine Arts, Art Education, Architecture, or related field. Advanced degree is preferred. Minimum two years work experience with multi-cultural inner-city and vulnerable populations, including program development and promotion. Demonstrated small- and large-scale project development and personnel management..
- PROGRAM DESIGN, PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT: Implement programs based on established goals with specific, measurable results. Ensure program quality throughout the year. Visual representations of typical program activities available at Studio Central Facebook.
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT: Select, enlist, orient train, supervise and evaluate program volunteers. Facilitate focused and productive volunteer forums. Proactively and constructively address issues that may impact volunteers, participants and programming.
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Develop, present, and maintain budget(s). Work collaboratively with staff to stay within established budgets. Ensure the program is managed consistently within grant requirements and funding constraints. Oversee supply management. Track and report on outreach and enrollment efforts.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Cultivate and manage strong professional relationships with participants, volunteers, and key constituencies. Track and report on outreach and enrollment efforts.
- MANAGE PROGRAM-RELATED MARKETING CONTENT: Craft, review and revise program content for print, web, and social media. Proactively bring positive stories of participants, volunteers and staff to the Executive Director
- TECHNOLOGY: Working knowledge of MS Office suite, Adobe Design suite, database management (Giftworks), file management on a local server accessed by a number of staff users.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry
|Schedule “A” Studio Central Art Program Director|
– Relationship building
– Program Promotions
– Creative Techniques
– Studio Operations
For more details on Artbeat Studio and Studio Central, please see www.artbeatstudio.ca/studiocentral
Applications will be received (by email only) until Monday, May 15, 2017
Lucille Bart, Executive Director
Artbeat Studio, 62 Albert St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.