Studio Central “Art Program Facilitator”
Artbeat Studio is seeking an imaginative and committed person to work directly with the artists and volunteers in the implementation of programming our Studio Central Urban Arts Centre located in the Manitoba Housing complex at 444 Kennedy St. This is a full time position with a benefits package.
“Studio Central”, a project of Artbeat Studio Inc. provides local residents with an opportunity for engagement with both visual and performing arts as a means of inspiring personal passion, building relationships, and bridging diverse cultural groups.
The Art Program Facilitator works directly with mentors and participants in the delivery of art programs for adults and youth in the inner-city Central Park neighbourhood. This is a collaborative role involving dialogue and discussion with other staff, volunteers, community organizations and program participants.
Qualifications and Demonstrated Experience:
(evidenced in resume, references, and career portfolio)
- Fine Arts degree (Masters preferred) with technical skills and experience in visual arts.
- Criminal Record Check for Working with Children and Vulnerable People
- Valid Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle.
- Trust building with an inner city population whose characteristics may include language barriers, mental illness, addictions, poverty, cognitive and developmental challenges.
- Mentoring that inspires self-confidence and encourages a creative and imaginative response.
- Leadership skills that promote art making as valid “career path” options.
- Ability to produce long term plans involving program implementation.
- Organized with the capacity to manage volunteers in day to day studio operations
- Computer competence; MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and data base management
- Empathic, caring and compassionate
- Hospitable, welcoming and invitational
- Calm, communicative, and inspiring a sense of confidence in others
- Creative, resourceful and highly task/project oriented
- Comfortable approaching community members to fill volunteer and participatory roles.
For more details on Artbeat Studio and Studio Central, please see www.artbeatstudio.ca/studiocentral
Please send your resume, with covering letter by Friday, October 18th, 2013 to:
Lucille Bart, Executive Director
Artbeat Studio, 62 Albert St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
– Relationship building
– Program Promotions
– Creative Techniques
– Studio Operations