Artbeat Studio Inc. is a unique community based, peer directed program that provides social supports, free working art studio/gallery space and mentorship for individuals living with mental illness for the purpose of recovery and empowerment. Artbeat Studio is committed to decreasing stigma and discrimination that coincides with mental illness and poverty through positive action, mental health education and advocacy.
Special Events Assistant | Part-Time
Work tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist with Artbeat Annual Vol. 15 production and publication
- Planning Public Book Launch for the Fall/Winter in compliance with safety requirements
- Supporting artists in recovery in managing Artbeat Studio/Gallery
- Volunteer management and training at Upbeat Artwork Gallery Boutique
- Event Timeline and schedule tracking
- Volunteer coordination
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- *International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in the written, spoken, and visual form that fulfills the purpose and meets the needs of the Artbeat Studio participants as well as external audience.
- Effective decision making that demonstrates creative and innovative thinking
- Demonstrates computer literacy skills in the following areas: desktop publishing (In-Design), database management, internet use (website updates).
- Team player with ability to manage professional relationships with participants and external clients that demonstrates skills in the following areas: conflict resolution, leadership, and networking skills.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility
- Takes initiative and can work independently
- Ability and/or experience working from a trauma-informed, community building, and anti-oppression lens
Terms of Employment:
- Currently, part-time at 18.5 hours a week, for 16 weeks
- 280 hours total
- $12/hr pay
Please email your resume, cover letter and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Uyen Pham, Executive Director by July 3, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.