Studio Central Art Program Director:
Artbeat Studio is seeking a passionate and committed person to work directly with the artists and volunteers in the implementation of programming our Studio Central Urban Arts Centre located in the Manitoba Housing complex at 444 Kennedy St.
Studio Central, a project of Artbeat Studio Inc. provides local residents with an opportunity for engagement with both visual and performing arts as a means of inspiring personal passion, building relationships, and bridging diverse cultural groups.
The Art Program Director provides leadership working directly with mentors and participants in the delivery of art programs for adults and youth in the inner-city Central Park neighbourhood. This is a collaborative role involving dialogue and discussion with other staff, volunteers, community organizations and program participants.
Qualifications and Demonstrated Experience:
(evidenced in resume, references, and career portfolio)
- Fine Arts degree (Masters preferred) with technical skills and experience in visual arts.
- Criminal Record Check for working with Vulnerable People
- Valid Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle.
- Building trust with an inner city population whose characteristics may include language barriers, mental illness, addictions, poverty, cognitive and developmental challenges.
- Mentoring that inspires self-confidence and encourages a creative and imaginative response.
- Leadership skills that promote art making as valid “career path” options.
- Ability to produce long term plans involving program implementation.
- Organized with the capacity to manage volunteers in day to day studio operations
- Computer competence; MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and data base management
- Empathic, friendly, caring and compassionate
- Highly organized and able to communicate expectations assertively
- Calm and inspires a sense of confidence in others
- Creative, resourceful and highly task/project oriented
- Comfortable approaching community members to fill volunteer and participatory roles.
Full-time permanent position: Starting Salary: $33,000
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume, with covering letter by Friday, January 26, 2018 to:
Lucille Bart, Executive Director
Subject line: Studio Central Art Program Director
We are grateful for all applications; only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
|STUDIO CENTRAL ART PROGRAM DIRECTOR – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:|
– Relationship building
– Program Promotions
– Community presence
|· Facilitates participation of Artbeat Studio core program alumni
o Personal follow-up with alumni to gage interest and appropriate volunteer roles.
· Engages residents of 444 Kennedy complex
o Personal presence in the building
o TAC meetings and events, Cafeteria, other
· Engages Central Park community residents
o Wellness Fairs, Art Animations, Community Events
o Familiarization with local organizations
o Tours and external visits
· Develops bi-weekly bulletins, and contributes to social media
– Creative Techniques
– Studio Operations
– Café Central
– Career Path Development
|· Recruits volunteers for Creative Techniques, Studio Operations and House Concert Performances
· Screens volunteers for the most appropriate role
· Orients volunteers in their roles
· Provides timely schedules for all participants
· Mentors, monitors, and evaluates performance
· Recognizes, encourages, and appreciates unique contributions
· Promotes and encourages volunteers along their career path
|Program Implementation||· Provides planning and promotions for the Creative Techniques, House Concerts, Studio Operations, Career Path and events.
· Oversees ‘Performance Rehearsals’ and the development of the Harmony Workshop house band as a community building process.
· Manages inventory and budget for tools, materials and supplies for both on and offsite Creative Technique sessions
· Inspires and animates ‘creative response’ from all project volunteers and participants
· Oversees ‘art wall’ installations (and labeling) at Studio Central
· Updates and tracking of ‘art for exhibit’ inventory
· Oversees the overall capacity of our facility to respond to new and on-going programming.
|Reporting||· Maintains open dialogue with ‘Community Project Coordinator’ and Artbeat Studio’s Executive Director
· Prepares the monthly ‘Activity Report’ with program data
· Maintains and provides accurate volunteer records
· Contributes to funding applications and reports as requested