Project/Special Event Assistant | $12/hour
Artbeat Studio Inc. is a unique community based, peer directed program that provides social supports, free working art studio/gallery space and mentorship for individuals living with mental illness for the purpose of recovery and empowerment. Artbeat Studio is committed to decreasing stigma and discrimination that coincides with mental illness and poverty through positive action, mental health education and advocacy.
Work tasks and responsibilities:
- Planning/ executing Annual June Community Concert/Art Sale
- Planning Artbeat Studio’s 29th Bi-annual Group Art Exhibition
- Volunteer coordination
- Supporting artists with mental illness in managing Artbeat Studio/Gallery
- Volunteer management and training at Upbeat Artwork Gallery Boutique
- Event Timeline and schedule tracking
- Assist with Artbeat Annual Vol. 14 production and publication
- Planning Public Book Launch during Mental Illness Awareness Week
- Must be a full time post-secondary student under the age of 30
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Communicates clearly and concisely in the written, spoken, and visual form that fulfills the purpose and meets the needs of the Artbeat Studio participants as well as external audience.
- Effective decision making that demonstrates creative and innovative thinking
- Demonstrates computer literacy skills in the following areas: desktop publishing (In-Design), database management, internet use (website updates).
- Team player with ability to manage professional relationships with participants and external clients that demonstrates skills in the following areas: conflict resolution, leadership, and networking skills.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility
Lucille Bart, Executive Director by May 26, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.