Duration: 14 weeks (Mid-May through August 2015) $12.00/hour
Artbeat Studio Inc. is seeking a summer student for the position of Project/Event Planning Assistant. Artbeat Studio Inc. is a unique community based, peer directed program that provides social supports, free working art studio/gallery space and mentorship for individuals living with mental illness for the purpose of recovery and empowerment. Artbeat Studio is committed to decreasing stigma and discrimination that coincides with mental illness and poverty through positive action, mental health education and advocacy.
Work tasks and responsibilities:
1. Special Events Assistant:
- Planning 10th anniversary Celebration Event
- Planning and executing 21st Bi-annual Group Art Exhibition
- Volunteer coordination
- Supporting artists with disabilities in managing Artbeat Studio Gallery
- Timeline and schedule tracking
2. Special Projects:
- Assist with Artbeat Annual Vol. 10 production and publication
- Planning Public book launch in conjunction with Mental Health awareness week and 10th
- Assist with Volunteer coordination
- Must be a full time returning student under the age of 30.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in the written, spoken, and visual form that fulfills the purpose and meets the needs of the Artbeat Studio participants as well as external audience.
- Effective decision making that demonstrates creative and innovative thinking
- Demonstrates computer literacy skills in the following areas: desktop publishing (In-Design), database management, internet use (website updates).
- Team player with ability to manage professional relationships with participants and external clients that demonstrates skills in the following areas: conflict resolution, leadership, and networking skills.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility
Please email cover letter and resume by May 5th, 2015 to:
Lucille Bart, Executive Director
Artbeat Studio, 62 Albert St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.