Duration: mid-May to mid-August 2017, $12.00/hour
Artbeat Studio Inc. is a unique community based, peer directed program that provides social supports, working art studio and gallery space, and mentorship for individuals living with mental illness for the purpose of recovery and empowerment. Artbeat Studio is a non-profit registered charity committed to decreasing stigma and discrimination that coincides with mental illness and poverty through positive action, mental health education and advocacy.
Services are provided free of charge to participants. The intended beneficiaries include each participant artist, their caregivers, the local inner city community, and society as a whole.
Work tasks and responsibilities:
Special Events Assistant:
- Community Summer Concert and Art Sale: Annual Celebration
- Planning Artbeat Studio’s 25th Bi-annual Group Art Exhibition
- Volunteer coordination
- Supporting artists with mental illness in managing Artbeat Studio/Gallery
- Event Timeline and schedule tracking
Special Project planning:
- Assist with Artbeat Annual Vol. 12 production and publication
- Planning Public Book Launch
- Must be a full time returning student under the age of 30
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Communicates clearly and concisely in the written, spoken, and visual form that fulfills the purpose and meets the needs of the Artbeat Studio participants as well as external audience.
- Effective decision making that demonstrates creative and innovative thinking
- Demonstrates computer literacy skills in the following areas: desktop publishing (In-Design), database management, internet use (website updates).
- Team player with ability to manage professional relationships with participants and external clients that demonstrates skills in the following areas: conflict resolution, leadership, and networking skills.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility
Please email cover letter and resume by May 10th, 2017 to:
Lucille Bart, Executive Director
Artbeat Studio, 62 Albert St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.