Summer Position available for Students: Project/Event Planning Assistant
14 weeks (Mid-May through August) $12.00/hour
Artbeat Studio Inc is seeking a summer student for the position of Project/Event Planning Assistant. Artbeat Studio Inc. is a unique community based, peer directed program that provides social supports, free working art studio/gallery space and mentorship for individuals living with mental illness for the purpose of recovery and empowerment. Artbeat Studio is committed to decreasing stigma and discrimination that coincides with mental illness and poverty through positive action, mental health education and advocacy.
Work tasks and responsibilities:
1. Special Events Assistant:
- Planning and executing Artbeat Studio’s 19th Bi-annual Group Art Exhibition
- Fringe Festival, managing Artbeat Studio venue
- Exhibitions and performance events at Studio Central: Urban Arts Centre
- Volunteer coordination
- Supporting artists with disabilities in managing Artbeat Studio Gallery
- Supporting artists at Studio Central
- Timeline and project schedule tracking
2. Special Projects:
- Artbeat Annual Vol. 9 production and publication
- Planning public book launch in conjunction with Mental Health awareness week (fall 2014)
- Must be a full time returning student under the age of 30.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in the written, spoken, and visual form that fulfills the purpose and meets the needs of the Artbeat Studio participants as well as external audience.
- Effective decision making that demonstrates creative and innovative thinking
- Demonstrates computer literacy skills in the following areas: desktop publishing (In-Design), database management, internet use (website updates).
- Team player with ability to manage professional relationships with participants and external clients that demonstrates skills in the following areas: conflict resolution, leadership, and networking skills.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility
Please send your resume, with covering letter by May 5, 2014 to:
Lucille Bart, Executive Director
Artbeat Studio, 62 Albert St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.