Studio Central is a project of Artbeat Studio Inc. Programming at Studio Central aims to facilitate the production of art as a means of inspiring personal passion, connecting generations, bridging diverse groups, and serving as a catalyzing symbol of the people as a community.
- Participation in the volunteer program provides participants with a wide range of opportunities that are intended to contribute to their personal â€˜career path’ strengths and interests.
- Participants are mentored, guided, and supported by community volunteers, peers as well as Studio Central staff.
- Studio Central is a participant in the EIA â€œRewarding Volunteer Benefitâ€ program.
- Volunteers are encouraged to become part of the community culture at Studio Central by participating in events, workshops, sessions of interest, studio upkeep and â€˜friend raising’ promotions.
- Volunteers implement programming initiated through Studio Central in a wide range of settings beyond Studio Central including; schools, other Manitoba Housing buildings, community centers, conferences, exhibits and other.
all volunteers are expected to:
- Complete the Application
- Meet with staff to determine their suitability for specific roles
- Identify areas of concern regarding their ability to assume their volunteer role
- Complete volunteer duties according to the specific â€˜volunteer role description’
- Accept periodic and constructive feedback on their performance as a volunteer
- Conduct themselves professionally according to the signed Agreement
volunteers are appreciated:
- Appreciation Events are held where the contributions of each volunteer are acknowledged and celebrated
- Volunteers receive a certificate indicating the volunteer’s role(s) and accumulated volunteer time. On request, volunteers receive a personal and performance-based â€˜letter of reference’ from Studio Central.
volunteer role descriptions
- Volunteer roles include: reception, hospitality, storage/inventory, studio optics, tour guide, art exhibition monitor
- Volunteers commit to 10 volunteer dates (20 hours) at the time the agreement is signed.
- At the end of a ten-session term, an evaluation/reflection occurs. The completed agreements provide a basis for â€˜Letters of Reference’, â€˜resume updates’ and other performance-based assessments if these are requested by the artist.
- Volunteers having completed their ten-session term are invited to consider a different Studio Operations role.
- Volunteers who have rotated through all Studio Operations roles are highly valued role at SC and are recognized for their ability to:
- Orient and support other volunteers in their â€˜Studio Operations’ role.
- Substitute for volunteers unable to complete their shift.
- Assist with the improvement of â€˜Volunteer Program Development’ .
creative techniques presenter
creative techniques group workshops occur 1:00 â€“ 3:00PM, daily.
- Knowledgeable, skilled and experienced in the technique (tools, materials, applications) being presented
- Comfortable speaking to demonstrating the technique to a small group and facilitating their exploration of a specific medium.
- Emphasis of the instruction is on the process (technique) not the product.
studio central cafÃ© performer
cafÃ© central performances occur 3:00 â€“ 3:30PM, daily.
- Performing artists include poets and writers, musicians, singer song writers, story tellers, actors, and dancers. Exercise and stretching is a weekly part of â€œCafe Centralâ€
- Performances encourage dialogue among local artists, visitors, funders, local business/ organizations and other service providers.
- Performer engages the audience in their performances
- Cafe Central provides a safe and supportive rehearsal opportunity for the artist